10 March 2009

What If You Could Hold The Largest Whale Shark?


I was doing my afternoon blog-hopping, then I bumped to Guido Trombetta's SEAWAY and his blue whale shark post.

It really amazed me seeing a whale shark, locally known as Butanding (which is considered as one of the largest creature in planet)being held by a fishermen with his two hands.

The baby whale shark was found with a rope on its tail tied to a stick in Pilar, Sorsogon.

Allow him in the wild for several decades and he will turn into this...

According to WWF, an adult Butanding can easily grow up to 40 feet. Just imagine the size of a passenger bus, and that's how big it is.



And this will be possible if you will maintain our seas clean.

Click for More Readings.

Now, see them swim.




Related Posts by Categories



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for dropping my my site.;)
Sorsogon is in my list to visit. I'd love to see those Butandings up close and personal! Nice pictures you have in this article.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the visit warfairy.

I also dream of going to Donsol and see for myself the huge Butandings.

escape on March 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM said...

wow! that's so small. i want to see it someday.

Post a Comment

 

Green Philippines Copyright © 2008 D'Black by Ipiet's Blogger Template